What We Do
Currently the MJM24 Foundation celebrates Michael's life in the following ways:
- Michael Marks Men's and Women's Lacrosse Awards at McDaniel College - this award is given to a graduating senior men's lacrosse player, and a graduating senior women's lacrosse player who have been members of the lacrosse teams for at least two years and have exhibited some of Mike's traits of academic excellence, leadership, competitive spirit, volunteerism and most importantly, a strong work ethic.
- International Conflict Resolution Conference Attendee Sponsorship - the Foundation will sponsor one student from McDaniel to attend this event which teaches crisis management and problem solving. Michael attended this conference while at McDaniel and was pursuing this career field.
- Michael Marks Team Player Award at OLPH School - this award is given to an 8th grade male student and an 8th grade female student who exemplify the spirit of being a team player like Michael.
- Through our annual golf outings, YOU have given: $8.000 to Sophie and Madigan's Playground; $10,000 to the Fisher House at Walter Reed; $8,000 to pediatric brain cancer research at Johns Hopkins Hospital; $6,000 to Give Kids the World; $3604 to the Christian Appalachian Project's summer lunch program
- Supporting and volunteering at the annual Wreaths Across America event, YOU have given, as of 2019, 470 wreaths to honor and remember our heroes.
- YOU have also taken Mike's bracelet and #24 sticker around the world to 59 countries and here, to 29 states and DC. Seeing #24 in so many places is a gentle reminder of Mike and of all of you. Thank you.