What We Do
Currently the MJM24 Foundation celebrates Michael's life in the following ways:
- Michael Marks Men's and Women's Lacrosse Awards at McDaniel College - this award is given to a graduating senior men's lacrosse player, and a graduating senior women's lacrosse player who have been members of the lacrosse teams for at least two years and have exhibited some of Mike's traits of academic excellence, leadership, competitive spirit, volunteerism and most importantly, a strong work ethic.
- International Conflict Resolution Conference Attendee Sponsorship - the Foundation will sponsor one student from McDaniel to attend this event which teaches crisis management and problem solving. Michael attended this conference while at McDaniel and was pursuing this career field.
- Michael Marks Heads Up Concussion Prevention Program at St Vincent Pallotti High School-provides pre-season testing for all athletes, and after any head injury during the sports season. Provides training and recertification for the athletic trainer.
- Michael Marks Team Player Award at OLPH School - this award is given to an 8th grade male student and an 8th grade female student who exemplify the spirit of being a team player like Michael.
- Through our annual golf outings, YOU have given: $27,000 to Sophie and Madigan's Playground; $10,000 to the Fisher House at Walter Reed; $8,000 to pediatric brain cancer research at Johns Hopkins Hospital; $6,000 to Give Kids the World; $3604 to the Christian Appalachian Project's summer lunch program
- Packed Christmas snack bags for area first responders since 2014
- Supported and volunteered at Wreaths Across America event, YOU have given, as of 2021, 738 wreaths to honor and remember our heroes.
- YOU have also taken Mike's bracelet and #24 sticker around the world to 59 countries and here, to 29 states and DC. Seeing #24 in so many places is a gentle reminder of Mike and of all of you. Thank you.